Now this is mom and pop:
when there are no uniforms and a TV blaring as if I was at home having a meal in the kitchen. when I feel like I need some interpretation- Can i order "right" by myself? I stare, my eyes shifting left to right over the pictures and descriptions but not really seeing what my options really are. After a good minute or so has passed and I have had to turn away the server at least once because I am not ready to order, I choose something I am only half sure what it is and that I will like it. It's mom and pop when I would take the word of any worker at the restaurant or any [insert ethnicity of the people whose culture I am eating]-looking person on what I should order, leaving my taste buds to their mercy. This is mom and pop.
Now does this make it not mom and pop?:
the pictures of Korean presidents that have eaten at the restaurant along with other celebrities. the myriad of certificates of appreciation and distinction from LA associations and even one from dear ol' dubya.
one other thing is for sure, it's not my mom and pop so it must be someone else's mom and pop.
No comments:
Post a Comment