Last week was a busy one. Busy at FilAm and then the Gala and the luncheon. Thursday before the gala was FUN! I wish I got to hang out with LEAP interns everyday!! Since we finished up our presentations and needed to get out of LEAP staff's way during the hustle and bustle before the gala, we got a FREE DAY!! It consisted of eating Little Tokyo's delectable baked goods, squatting outside a non-existent MOCA exhibit, debating on whether or not it was worth $2-$4 to go see the Mike Shinoda exhibit for 40 minutes, deciding that it was, Amy using her mad skills and getting us in to JANM for free (yea, she's cool like that), using Candice's phone for a Ikebana self-guided tour, collectively creating the most atrocious Ikebana known to the JA community, literally jumping for joy because LEAP interns rock, and wishing that everyday was a LEAP free day. O and a yummy lunch from a Jewish deli. Gotta love latkes! Come to think of it, I think I left them in the LEAP fridge, WOOPS!
Then we got put to work loading cars in the icky LA heat, then creating packets in the overly cool dining room at the Omni Hotel, and helping set up the silent auction. Honestly, I thought we were going to be doing more than we did. Then we all got dolled up. We clean up good! :P think that we all did some stalling, trying to put off the necessary networking. networking=awkward starfish The gala was packed. It felt like big reunion where everyone knew everyone and then there I was trying to butt in. After everyone sat down for dinner it wasn't quite as awkward. I had a few nice girls at my table who were new at IW group. They saved my food and made sure i got a dessert! But for the most part the people at my table kept to their little circles. Maybe some were there for the free food? the silent auction? Many didn't even stay until the end and half cleared out in the middle to check on the status of their items. Are there alternatives?
I enjoyed the luncheon very much. The board members wonderful!! They actually wanted to hear what us interns had to say. The table where Christable and I sat was AMAZING!!!! They were so encouraging when Christable was nervous to ask for money for the NAKASEC kids! S.K. made a basket out of a napkin! Their persistence and devotion to helping the interns was remarkable. Even though it was a small action that they took, it made a huge difference for Christable's kids and proved to me that board members aren't all stuffy people in a huge conference room sitting atop comfy leather backed chairs at a long mahogany table. O MONEY, what should I do in our love/hate relationship?
Ok, done for now. Maybe a less fluffy entry next time?
2 comments:
NO. I love your "fluffy" entries. and anyway, it's not fluff. all your math-word equations (i.e. networking=awkward starfish) means your entry "fluff" is perfectly legit.
:)
lots to think about, isn't there? i love your blog!
I wish everyday was a LEAP day too!
(You did say that, right?)
Post a Comment